Session 1 : “Getting going with Phonics” – this session will explore the skills and knowledge needed to teach early and developing phonic skills as outlined in Phase 2-4 of Letters and Sounds Session 2 : “Phonics for Writing”- This session will explore Phase 5 learning of Letters and Sounds and how this Phase enables Key Stage 1 learners to become successful spellers.
This course will support new and existing primary teachers KS1 to:
- Become familiar with the skills and knowledge required to teach phonics effectively?
- Understand progression and expectations of phonics learning for Key Stage 1 children.
- Know what a good phonics lesson should contain.
- Become familiar with the skills and knowledge required to teach Spelling effectively.
- Know what a good spelling lesson should contain
- Equip Key Stage 1 children with a range of strategies to remember spellings and apply spelling conventions.
An increased understanding of the teaching of phonics.