- Review of current curriculum planning to identify strengths and weaknesses;
- Contextual factors that will affect the design of the curriculum;
- The key concepts that need to be taught in KS1;
- The importance of a play based curriculum in KS1;
- Planning a theme/unit;
- Classroom provision and the learning environment.
This event will enable delegates to review their current curriculum and consider ways of planning a creative curriculum, relevant to their own context and the needs of their pupils. They will identify key concepts that need to be taught in KS1 and explore the place of play in promoting learning across all curriculum areas. Implications for classroom provision and the learning environment will also be considered.
- review their current curriculum;
- identify factors relevant to their own contexts that will shape their curriculum;
- develop their understanding of the key concepts that need to be taught in KS1;
- consider how play can be incorporated into curriculum planning;
- explore a model of thematic planning;
- identify implications for classroom provision and the learning environment.