This is an important one day event designed specifically for those induction tutors who have not previously received training for the new Teachers’ Standards through the Authority’s programme of support for induction tutors and are unfamiliar with the national requirements for NQT assessment. Course members will be involved in a range of activities during the day including presentations, video case studies and group work.
- To develop an understanding of the role of the induction tutor.
- To consider the skills involved in the role.
- To explore the new Teachers’ Standards and their use in the formal assessment of NQTs.
- To examine the use of the National Career Entry and Development Profile for NQTs.
- To become familiar with the Nottinghamshire induction tutor/coordinator handbook of guidance and support.
- To consider the elements of an effective induction programme.
- Increased confidence in supporting NQTs through their induction year.