By attending this network you will:
- have a better understanding of what best practice with iPad and apps looks like;
- know how to manage iPad devices effectively;
- hear about new features for education in iOS updates, learn more about iPad curriculum resources and use the Apple Teacher professional development tool.
Physical intervention and CRB training is provided through the local authority co-ordinator. These courses provide participants with an insight into recent legislation and guidance that could impact on policy and practice as well as a range of physical and non-physical strategies to help manage the risks posed by children and young people's behaviour
New to Year 2
- To develop an understanding of end of KS1 statutory assessment requirements, including the administration of tasks and tests to inform teachers’ assessment judgements.
- To provide opportunities to work alongside colleagues from other schools to support consistency and build confidence in making accurate assessment judgements.
- To familiarise teachers new to year 2 with the Local Authority’s responsibility for moderation in a sample of schools to ensure that judgements are accurate.
Phonics for TAs
• The Simple View of Reading – the rationale for the teaching of early reading.
• Pace and progression in phonics from the Foundation Stage to the end of Key Stage 1.
• Phonic subject knowledge.
• The four part teaching sequence and the role of the teaching assistant.
• Application of phonics and the role of the teaching assistant.
Using Book Scrutiny to Raise Standards
This course is aimed at helping school leaders be more effective and efficient in scrutinising work and how to use their findings to improve teacher knowledge, skills and understanding. It will also focus on developing a shared understanding of the moderation process in writing and expectations across the year for Years 1, 3, 4 and 5 as well as Year 2 and 6 and how to meet these expectations.