The Teaching Mathematics in Year 3 and Year 4 course will:
- equip delegates with the subject knowledge for ensuring children secure the lower Key Stage 2 ‘big ideas’ in mathematics;
- explore effective teaching strategies for equipping children to make connections across all areas of mathematics.
Physical intervention and CRB training is provided through the local authority co-ordinator. These courses provide participants with an insight into recent legislation and guidance that could impact on policy and practice as well as a range of physical and non-physical strategies to help manage the risks posed by children and young people's behaviour
Is your KS1 curriculum fit for purpose?
- Review of current curriculum planning to identify strengths and weaknesses;
- Contextual factors that will affect the design of the curriculum;
- The key concepts that need to be taught in KS1;
- The importance of a play-based curriculum in KS1;
- Planning a theme/unit;
- Classroom provision and the learning environment.
Unpicking the national standards and leading moderation in your school KS2
• Conducting a moderation session in your school / across a group of schools
• Understanding and interpretation of national standards
• Standardisation and moderation activities
• Providing constructive feedback
• Challenging conversations
ELSA: Emotional Literacy Support Assistant
The ELSA course involves 5 full days of training covering the following topics:
• Emotional literacy/coaching, active listening and circle techniques
• Self esteem, relationships and friendships
• Regulating strong emotions (anger and anxiety) and using therapeutic stories
• Social communication difficulties and practical strategies
• Loss and bereavement and bespoke ELSA programme planning